Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Few of My Favorites

     I love books!  I am a junkie for books.  I guess it goes along with being a homeschool mom.  I thought I would share some of the books that have helped guide me along the way.

     I started with the How Smart is Your Baby, by Glen Doman.  This book is like a developmental program for your baby.  We did not do everything but we did a lot, and I am still using this book even though Adeline is 2.

     I recently purchased the Physcially Superb book.  I read it and we are still working on crawling.  One day soon I will show you how we do this.  Adeline chooses to scoot on her bottom but we have crawling times.   

     One of my favorites is Active Baby Healthy Brain.  This book is full of activities to do with your child up to about age 6.  They explain how to do the activity and how the activity will help your child.  Such as vestibular or gross motor or visually.  It is a neat book!

     One of my other favorites is How am I Going to Teach This Kid?   The author wrote this book for those who are working with children who are on the Autism Spectrum.   But I think it could be used for any child who is a visual learner.  It has simple little ideas that are easy to implement to teach children to work independently.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...