Friday, March 29, 2013

What We Have Been Up To

We have been absent for a while and I wanted to give an update on some of the things we have been doing.

1.  Reading these wonderful Biscuit books almost every day!  Adeline loves these and so do I.  They are simple and use repetitive language, making them very predictable.


  2.  Playing with Unfix Cubes.  These are great little manipulatives that really work fine motor skill.  These cubes are also used to teach many math skills such as patterning, counting, sorting, counting, etc.  Right now we are just learning how to put them together.     



 

3.  Coloring our ABC's



4.  Learning animals,  I recently found a great box of social studies and science cards.  The cards are actual photographs.  We have been working on the animals first.



 
5.  Putting clothes pins off and on a box.




These are a few of the thing we have been doing during the past few week.   Adeline is scheduled for heart surgery in about three week.  We are praying that she stay healthy until then.

7 comments:

  1. Yay! It's good to see what's been going on in your world!! Did you know Unifix has a math book? I am a huge fan of photo cards verses cartoons/ drawings when doing flashcards. What are they? Brand wise? Hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update. I love seeing what you and Adeline have been doing; you always give me great ideas! We will keep you all in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciao Sandy! you know i've missed you so much! happy to hear you've worked a lot too and i'll pray for Adeline's health!
    all the best
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be thinking healthy thoughts along with you. I added those flash cards to my daughter amazon wish list. Along with some others by that company. They look awesome. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you've been keeping busy! I'll be thinking of you and praying that all goes well with Adeline's surgery.

    Laura
    downsyndromeupupupandaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pray that you and Adeline are doing good. I miss your ideas! Your blog is a huge help to me and my daughter

    Tina in TX

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just popped in to see how you were doing. I hope Adeline's surgery went well and that she has fully recovered. Thanks again for your blog. Our little princess has just turned two.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...