Monday, February 13, 2012

Push and Pull

I recently was inspired while reading a blog post at My Stubborn Little Miss.  She showed how she had made a tool to help her daughter use her pointer and pincher fingers.  I thought this was a great ideas but wanted to add a different swing on it for Adeline.  I started with an egg cartoon, buttons, and rubber bands.  I cut the rubber band strung it through the button and tied it off in the back with another button and a little glue gun.

We have been talking about pushing and pulling so I thought this would work great for pulling on the button with the rubber band and at the same time strengthening those fingers a little.   The other items I glued in and we pushed the balls and hearts.


Pulling the button.





This is what it looks like on the back.  I tied the rubber band off with another button and glued it for extra reinforcement.
  

8 comments:

  1. Soooooo creative. Can't wait to make one - maybe next week. How is it holding up? I like how you put the button underneath as well to prevent the carton from ripping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. I could see my little one getting a real kick out of this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a great idea, it looks cute and has a purpose too. love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great homemade toy for littles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fine motor skill activity! I'd love to have you share this with our readers for our Fun Stuff Fridays link up. http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/02/fun-stuff-fridays-11.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that this was the pull activity that inspired my making this sensory pull activity..... http://www.recyclingot.blogspot.com/2012/04/sensory-pull-toy.html

      Delete
  6. Congrats, you have been featured on February’s T.E.A.C.H Awards!
    Click here to see!
    Lori @ Cachey Mama’s Classroom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...