Monday, January 14, 2013

Learning Numbers and Quantities


We are working on numbers a lot lately.  Adeline has been very interested in counting so that is what we are working on.   Here are some of the things I have been doing with Adeline to help her learn her numbers and quantities.

The first thing I did was to make flashcards up to twenty.   I first had her learn how to identify the numbers.

 
Second thing we did was explore the teddy bear counters.


 
Before children can be expected to use a manipulative for a specific purpose they need some time to explore with it.  

Later, I drew some circles on file folders and we added the correct amount of bears to each circle.




We are also counting stickers on a file folder.



Adeline has really been enjoying her abacus now that she is starting to understand numbers.




One other thing that has helped Adeline learn her numbers is her favorite counting app on the I Pad call Toddler Counting.  This is a great simple app that teaches up to 20.


2 comments:

  1. I ran across this and thought that of you and A. I know that your busy, but if you get a minute, maybe check it out and let me know what you think. The link I have attached is for the smaller kit and the kit I am thinking of getting. So our opinion would be helpful... if you have the time. You might even like it..? http://store.dseusa.org/collections/numicon/products/numicon-at-home-kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please consider selling my book in your amazon storefront... http://www.amazon.com/Rattles-Writing-Parents-Guide-Skills/dp/1933940182/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1358424319&sr=1-1&keywords=from+rattles+to+writing
    thank-you,
    Barbara Smith
    RecyclingOT.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...