Friday, March 2, 2012

Adeline's Favorite Kindle Fire Apps

We recently purchased a Kindle Fire.  I have not had a lot of time to explore with it since it is always in the hands of one of my children, but at times Adeline and I can get our hands on it.  My favorite part about it is that we can download all of Adeline's favorite You Tube shows and she can watch and dance at the same time.  So much fun.

I thought I would share three of Adeline's favorite apps:

 The first is called Word A Licious  This is a great app because it is like showing a field of four flashcards and she   has to find the picture that they request.  This requires comprehension and auditory skills.


These are the categories that you can choose from.

Once you have choose a category four pictures will be shown and you must point to the correct picture.  I like how the word and the voice are used.

Another favorite is Brainy Baby:




This app is a bit like flashcards, you choose your category and a nice clear photograph will be shown with the word.  The child can touch the picture and they will hear the sound of that item and the name.

The last favorite, for now is Kids Doodle; great app to start using that pointer finger and early writing skills.  Adeline like to make circles with this.

 The contrast of colors is also very stimulating.

1 comment:

  1. I know this post is a year old or so but thank you for this recommendation. I am a speech pathologist. I do not use a Kindle Fire but I am searching for apps for a client. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...