Monday, October 28, 2013

Counting and Quantities for Preschoolers





 We have been working on counting and learning quantities.  Here are some of the activities we have been doing.

1.  Matching milkcaps to circles on filefolders



2.  Spelling numbers - I found these wonderful templates at Confessions of a homeschooler.  I use our foam magnetic letter along with this activity. 


3.  Counting Strip -  OK, I know this looks a bit ragged and it is.  I started with a sentence strip and every week or so I add another.  We count through these number every day. 


4.  Counting animals -  I lay out some of our beany babies and Adeline counts them.

5.  Making Marks -  I had some left over laminated pieces so I write a number, and Adeline makes that many marks with her dry erase pen.


6.  Magna Doodle Counting-  I write a number on our magna doodle and Adeline uses a refrigerator magnet to count out the correct quantity,



7.  Counting Bears -  Again I found these templates at Confessions of a homeschooler

8.  Fine Motor Counting -  Counting beans while we drop them into a bottle.

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back : ) Definitely going to do these with Kamdyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those counting strips from COAH, I hadn't seen them before! I also like how your using the words to show how many you have counted on each page!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...