Monday, September 17, 2012

Sensory Shapes


Adeline learns so much more when she is active and interacting with the learning materials.  Today we are playing with shapes in muck.  I made a corn starch mixture using water and corn starch.  I pour the starch in and slowly add a little water at a time mixing with my hands.  I don't want it to be thin but not to thick ether. It is important to pour slowly and mix.  I then added the shapes.






This sensory learning activity could be done with many different items, such as numbers, colors, and letters. 

2 comments:

  1. Ruth Barker - Adelaide Australia Facebook Page Montessori 1:1

    I love this idea. To isolate one concept at a time for your daughter (so she is not overwhelmed by too many concepts at the one time), you may wish to only put one color or one shape type in at a time. You could also put in geometric solids and colour the cornstarch recipe. I often make pots of coloued cornstarch and put plain pop sticks in as a paint brush... drizzle onto white card... it dries hard and flakes... or use hands... I would have lots of ideas for you if you would like to make contact on my page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you captured your daughter's interest with another great sensory experience. This is definitely a fun way to reinforce shapes with kids who like getting messy! Thanks for linking up with Montessori Monday. I was happy to feature your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...