We have been doing some painting recently. Adeline really enjoys painting. I think one reason she enjoys it is that it is easier then coloring. To color with crayons she has to apply more pressure to receive color, painting give a easy quick color.
When painting with young child:
1. always dress them is old clothing
2. provide different textures to paint on
3. use washable paint
4. use thick paintbrushes -- This is less frustrating.
5. have a paintbrush for each color if possible
6. lay paper down on table and floor
7. have wipes handy for messy fingers
Painting on foil.
Painting on bubble wrap.
Painting on a cardboard box.