Creating a learning environment for your child can be a beneficial use of space. In our house Adeline's learning area is the front room..It is a bit awkward because this is the room that you walk into when you enter our house. I like using this room because it is full of windows and the door also lets in light, she has plenty of natural lighting. I also like that this room is connected with our living room so Adeline plays right along side us. She is not tucked away in a room by herself.
Some things that I feel are important for a toddler learning space are:
1. Shelves - to help organize toys
2. Mirror - Adeline loves to talk with herself and just watch herself in the mirror.
3. Dramatic Play Area - I found all of these items at yard sales, except our play food. We have a doll bed,
swing that converts to a high chair, stroller and kitchen.
4. Organizational shelves or bins for books.
5. Rug for floor
6. Bins- I use one bin for stuffed animals and another for dolls.
7. A place to write of color- I found this chalkboard that we love at a thrift store.
Giving up space in a home can be a sacrifice at times but the rewards of learning are great!