Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Snowflake Colors



I found these snowflakes at childcareland and thought they would be great to work on colors and fine motor.  Adeline knows most of her colors but her fine motor is not so great, so I thought this would be fun.  I don't have the exact link to the snowflakes but here is the link to child cares web site  http://www.childcareland.com/.



I just used buttons to match the colors but many others things could be used as well.

Awhile ago I print up Adeline's color flashcards from Brillkids and made them into a book.  I wanted her to be able to look at her colors as much as she wanted.  I would read these to her often also.  This book has now become a bit dull because she knows most of her color so I thought I would revive it by making it into a matching color words interactive book.

I need to add the Velcro yet.  I want her to be able to stick on each word under the matching word.  Thought this would be a handy quiet book to take to church and other places.





12 comments:

  1. I'll keep saying it ... I love your ideas! :) (And I'm not sure why, or if it is only something with my account, but your blog isn't showing up updated in my Blogger feed or in email via RSS feed.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is another wonderful post! I love matching activities and am so excited to do the button snowflakes with my toddler! Thank you so much for linking up at Teach Me Tuesday on Whole Child Creative Curriculum!! I hope to see you again next week!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great snowflake activity! I'll be doing this with my toddler this winter!

    Lisa
    Criss-Cross Applesauce

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I am a Montessori teacher and mom to a special needs little one myself. I will be whipping up a batch of these for our art shelf at school!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snowflake colors activity is such a great idea (love the color quiet book, too)! Thanks for linking up with Montessori Monday. I shared your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page and pinned it to my Kids' Winter Activities Pinterest board at http://pinterest.com/debchitwood/kids-winter-activities/ Have a wonderful Christmas! :) Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've really enjoyed your blog! You have such great Montessori inspired activities! I'm awarding you the Liebster Blog Award! You can check it out here:
    http://crisscrossapplesaucelearning.blogspot.com/2011/12/liebster-blogger-award.html

    Happy Holidays!

    Lisa
    Criss-Cross Applesauce

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, I'm stealing these ideas too! Just call me Swiper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have visited your blog before, but forgot to follow it before. I am a new follower now and would love for you to follow me back, and to come share this at my link party for contained/tray activities.

    http://his4homeschooling.blogspot.com/2012/01/whats-on-tray-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing this at WOTT. You have so many great ideas and I really enjoy following your blog. My little boy really enjoys color matching so this post is really helpful for ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always appreciate your creative Montessori-inspired activities and lovely photos! I featured your blog, post, and yellow snowflake photo in my Montessori-Inspired Special Needs Support post at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2012/03/13/montessori-inspired-special-needs-support/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Impressive post. It is nice to visit your post. I also find similar posts but related to a different topic. You can visit Online Counter to learn more about Fastest mouse clicking speed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...