Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Fine Motor #2

Christmas is in the air today!  We had a lot of fun practicing our skills with some Christmas activities.  It is also pecan season here, so we made a sensory box from our recent harvest.

First, we did some scooping, and then moved into sorting.



 Adeline really enjoyed playing with the pecans.  I think she could have explored them for hours.  So we decided to put the nuts into the trays after sorting.  We worked on putting the nuts in and out of  the trays.  Pulling the nut out really works the pincher grasp.




Next, I pulled out a box that I had wrapped up to look like a present.  You can't see it but there is a little hole cut in the middle where we put the nuts "in".  For some reason Adeline kept wanting to put her eye right on the hole.  She is suppose to wear glasses which are very hard for us to keep on her, so I put them on to see of that would help.



On the other side of the box I cut some slits going different directions to give Adeline a little challenge.  I always save my milk caps so we put caps "in".  This did  make Adeline stop and think a bit.



Later we colored on sandpaper Christmas trees just to give a new sensory experience.

4 comments:

  1. Everything looks like so much fun, I especially like the coloring on sandpaper. Very creative!! Thank you so much for sharing.
    Discovering Montessori

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome ideas!! love it!! She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are AWESOME ideas! They would provide such great sensory experiences for all children! I'd like to invite you to share them at Teach Me Tuesday--my new linky party at Whole Child Creative Curriculum. You can link up at http://wholechildcreativecurriculum.blogspot.com/2011/12/teach-me-tuesday-new-linky-party.html. I hope to see you there!

    Carla @ Whole Child Creative Curriculum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your alphabet posting is such a clever idea - I'll have to pinch that, thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...