Thursday, November 17, 2011

Tot School- Educational Cubes- Learning Shapes

I have seen these cubes being used on some different early learning blogs si I though it would be fun to give them a try.  I always like to present information that we are learning in a different form to make sure Adeline is really comprehending.  I really like the cube idea also because I can slip the concept in and leave it for Adeline to interact with and it won't be destroyed.  I don't always feel like I can leave her flashcards with her all day long, but this works.




Here Adeline is matching the picture facing her on the cube to the picture on the table.  She really liked this activity, later she continued to play this game by herself.  I also like it because she is receiving "input" on her own.


The mom that created this idea is amazing --so creative. On her site she has over 200 printable that can be used in the cubes.  We will be using these a lot.  Here is a link.

http://www.educationcubes.com/

Later, we worked on our stacking cups.  Adeline is not really into these, but we did it. First, she wanted to stack them "up".  Stacking is one of our weak areas we can usually get a few up before she has had it, and crashes it.



Next we put the cups "in".



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...