Monday, October 3, 2011

I Can Learn!

     We are working on some early math skills;  matching, sorting, sizes, and one on one correspondence. 

     I really like the My First Sorting Bears from Lakeshore.  This box also teaches big and little, colors, and sorting.  You could do so many more things with the bears once you finish these skills.  I like to use bears for adding and subtracting and even telling little stories 

  



I like to use an ice cube tray for one on one correspondence.  Here Adeline is putting "one" bear in each cube.




I didn't have a picture of Adeline playing with this, but this is our favorite matching game.  It is a little different because it is not cards like many  memory matchings activites are.  This comes with a large poster to match with.  When we first started I folded it a bit so that Adeline would only look at six pictures, but she now does the whole mat. I hand her one card at a time and she puts it on.  I really like that the pictures are real photoes not graphics.  There many more possiblites for this games, so I know we will be able to use it for a long time.


1 comment:

  1. I swear, your blog is the best thing since sliced bread! I keep showing posts to my husband saying, "Isn't this a great idea ... I'll have to do that when Miss K is a little older." :) Thank you for documenting so well the various activities you do with Adeline.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...